Thank you for considering HSBC as a
potential partner. We recommend you read the following information
before submitting your proposal online. Unfortunately we are unable
to support individuals seeking sponsorship or students seeking
support for university studies.
The context for sponsorship
Sponsorship plays an important role
in building the HSBC brand and enabling our customers to experience
our philosophy and positioning. Sponsorships allow us to associate
with customer passions, such as sports, culture or entertainment,
which we know they actively seek out. Engaging with customers in
these relevant and trusted environments will help to build purchase
preference and loyalty, and ultimately drive business growth.
What sponsorship does for HSBC
Sponsorship will play a different
role in HSBC markets depending upon the level of market maturity.
This is because there will be different levels of existing
awareness and engagement (based on time in the market, branch
network, etc.) which sponsorship will build upon. Therefore
dependent on the focus of tasks and maturity or market, sponsorship
- Deepen customer relationships and deliver higher retention
- Generate exposure for HSBC and increase awareness.
In all markets, sponsorship will
also help to motivate and inspire our colleagues, and can
support corporate responsibility objectives.
Sponsorship is able to achieve these roles because it:
- Allows us to interact with our audience through their
- Creates associations that add status and stature to
- Physically brings the brand experience to life;
- Differentiates our brand from those of our competitors;
- Creates customer experiences that help drive business
- Allows us to be locally relevant while being globally
- Offers scalability and efficiencies for multiple
Group policy restrictions
As a matter of policy HSBC does not support:
- Individuals or scholarship schemes;
- Political, partisan, religious, sectarian
- Multi-sponsor properties with other ﬁnancial service
- Projects for commercial gain or to ﬁll a shortfall in
- Properties that could potentially create a reputational
- Capital spend or refurbishment projects;
- Properties which contradict our environmental and ethical
- Restricted sports sponsorship areas are Motorsport,
Horseracing, Hunting, Shooting, Boxing and other contact or
Your next steps?
We would appreciate if you would complete this short
Sponsorship Request Form. You will be able to type or paste any
additional comments and information towards the
Please complete one Sponsorship Request Form for each
type of package (i.e. Major Sponsor, Secondary Sponsor, Official
Please answer all questions and ensure you include a rights
fee or asking budget. All information will be treated
confidentially. Before submitting online, you may print a blank
version of the Sponsorship Request Form by clicking on Printable
Form at top right. Please do not mail or fax.
Thank you in advance for your time and we will come back to
you in due course.